Mojito ice lollies
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 450ml (15 fl oz (¾ pint)) water
- Stalks and half the leaves of three mint sprigs
- Finely grated zest and juice of four limes
- 75ml (3 fl oz) white rum – try Tiki Lovers White Rum
- A few reserved mint leaves.
Heat the caster sugar and water in a small pan stirring until the sugar dissolves.
Off the heat, add in the stalks, the finely grated zest of four limes and half the leaves from three mint sprigs, keeping the remaining leaves for later.
Cool and strain the mixture into a jug, discarding the mint and zest.
Then mix in the lime juice and white rum.
Divide the mixture into ice lolly moulds, making sure to leave a little extra room at the top for it to expand when frozen.
Put the reserved mint leaves into each mould and then cover with the mould lid and insert sticks.
Freeze until solid and to serve simply remove from the freezer around 10 to 15 minutes before lifting the lollies out.