Wednesday, February 21, 2024
HomeNewsKing Charles 'will grant Prince Harry a place to live in Britain'...

King Charles 'will grant Prince Harry a place to live in Britain' for one important reason

King Charles should “grant” Prince Harry a permanent residence in the UK as it is “the right thing to do” to spare the Royal Family any more drama, a PR expert has said.

Prince Harry is one of seven Counsellors of State for his father, with royal rules stating those who take on the role would be given a residence in England.

Grigorij Richters, CEO at Global PR and Communications expert at XWECAN, told Daily Express US that he belives the King will give Harry a place to live in Britain.

He said: “I believe the King will grant Harry a place to live in Britain. It would be the right thing to do, after all, the King is Harry’s father, and it would take a lot of the drama out of the situation.

“Even if the release of Harry’s book may have caused the Royal Family a lot of embarrassment, it would demonstrate true kindness and grace from the King to allow his son to live in Britain”.

READ MORE: Harry and Meghan savaged by comedian for ‘complaining while living in castle’

From a PR perspective, the monarch should try to resolve all conflicts with his youngest son and daughter-in-law.

Richters said: “I believe the Royal Family’s goal should be to simply resolve conflicts and move forward. They can’t keep becoming involved in all of this drama.

“If the King allows Harry to live in Britain, he will set a good example for the entire family and country, taking the sting out of the situation and making it a non-issue”.

He said denying his son a house in London could be seen as “shunning” him from the Firm.

“Not allowing his son to live in Britain could certainly be interpreted as the King shunning his son.

“If he denies this, the King would forcefully make Harry look bad, creating yet another tense scenario for everyone and fueling the family drama”.

A Counsellor of State is effectively a stand-in for Charles, should the King be temporarily unable to carry out his duties if he is ill or abroad.

There has been some speculation as to whether King Charles will extend this to his youngest son following his decision to step back from royal duties and relocate to the US in 2020.

Earlier this year, Harry and Meghan were asked to give up their UK royal residence of Frogmore Cottage, a spokesperson for the couple confirmed.

But royal sources recently told The Sunday Times that one option is an apartment at Kensington Palace, where Prince William and Kate have a home and private office.

A friend of Charles said: “The King can see that to remove Harry as a Counsellor of State would be seen as an act of antagonism and he does not want to do that.

“If, as a consequence of that, somewhere on the royal estate needs to be earmarked as a pied-à-terre for his son, that seems a reasonable thing to do.”

Follow our social media accounts here on and @expressusnews



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments