Soup made from scratch tastes arguably better than those that are sold in tin cans.
While there are a few complicated soup recipes online, there are also ones that are quick, easy and tater delicious – and this is one of them.
Leading fitness creator on YouTube, Chloe Ting, has taken to her website to share a “two-ingredient pumpkin soup” recipe.
Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make, it is also “so healthy”.
She said: “The creamy pumpkin soup is so healthy and super easy to make.
“Throw some pumpkin in the oven, do a quick workout, come back to the kitchen and throw the roasted pumpkin along with veggie stock in the blender, and voila dinner is ready.”
Half a small pumpkin
600g vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
One tablespoon coconut yoghurt (optional)
Chloe said that she likes to use Japanese pumpkin for this dish but households can use whatever variety they can find. Squash will also work fine.
1. The first step is to preheat your oven to 200°C/390°F.
2. Then it’s time to get to work on making the soup. Start by cutting the pumpkins or squash into small pieces.
3. Place pumpkin in a baking dish and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked. You should be able to easily pierce through it with a fork.
4. Place the roasted pumpkin and vegetable stock both in a high-speed blender or use a handheld blender to blitz the two ingredients.
5. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
Adjust the consistency of the soup according to your own preference. Add more stock if you want a thinner soup, or add less if you want a thicker, creamier soup.
For those who want to use a third ingredient, top it with a bit of coconut yoghurt. This adds some extra creaminess.