Currently the Duke of Edinburgh is being treated for an infection and pre-existing heart condition at London’s St Bartholomew’s Hospital. On Monday
Currently the Duke of Edinburgh is being treated for an infection and pre-existing heart condition at London’s St Bartholomew’s Hospital. On Monday he was moved there by ambulance from King Edward VII’s Hospital.
In total the Prince has now spent 15 nights in hospital, his longest ever stay.
CBS is due to broadcast Ms Winfrey’s interview with the Sussexes’ on Sunday as a two-hour special.
In the UK broadcast rights have been purchased by ITV which will air the programme on Monday.
However there is speculation ITV could postpone or cancel the UK broadcast if Philip’s health declines.
Speaking to The Sun an insider said the interview “will be cancelled by ITV if Prince Philip’s health worsens”.
A source told the paper the mood at Buckingham Palace “shifted” after the Prince was moved to a second hospital on Monday.
In a promotional video for the interview Ms Winfrey said there is “no subject that’s off-limits” during the interview.
She claims the Sussexes’ revealed “some pretty shocking things” which were “almost unsurvivable”.
READ MORE: Buckingham Palace to investigate after Meghan Markle ‘bullying’ claim
The Duchess gave birth to her first child, Archie Mountbatten-Harrison, in 2019 before tragically suffering a miscarriage last year.
During footage from the interview Harry appears to compare Meghan’s treatment to that of his mother, Princess Diana.
He commented: “My biggest concern was history repeating itself.
“I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting her talking to you with my wife by my side.
“Because I can’t imagine what it must have been like for her, going through this process by herself all those years ago.
“It’s been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other.”
On Wednesday the Duchess of Cornwall was asked about Philip’s condition whilst visiting a coronavirus vaccination centre in Croydon.
Camilla replied he had “slightly improved” as he continues to receive treatment.
In a statement about the Prince Buckingham Palace said: “Doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.”
Prince Philip, who married the future Queen Elizabeth II in 1947, is due to turn 100 in June.