Queen ‘preoccupied’ with Prince Philip’s health amid Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

HomeNews

Queen ‘preoccupied’ with Prince Philip’s health amid Meghan and Harry Oprah interview

The Duke of Edinburgh has undergone a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace confirmed on Thursday. Prince Phil

Harry 'almost obsessed' with keeping Archie's birth 'as secret as possible' – expert
Queen expected to have ‘very awkward’ chat with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
Prince Harry secures ANOTHER new job – Duke of Sussex to take on fake news in new position


The Duke of Edinburgh has undergone a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace confirmed on Thursday. Prince Philip has spent his 17th night in hospital and received the heart procedure on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan’s highly anticipated interview with Oprah Winfrey is set to air in the UK next week.

The discussion with the US chat show legend is expected to be “intimate” and “wide-ranging”.

Meghan and Harry will discuss their experiences as members of the Royal Family after stepping back as senior royals last year.

Speaking to the Mirror, royal author Clive Irving explained that the Queen is probably more concerned with her husband’s health.

Mr Irving even speculated about whether Her Majesty will continue to be the monarch if Prince Philip dies.

He told the paper: “She fully and clearly understands that whatever the mess underneath her, the monarch had to be above it.

“You see this right now, with this enormous mess going on, that you won’t find the Queen’s fingerprints on anything.

“She must be very preoccupied with Philip’s condition, he’s very important in her life and one wonders if she’ll want to go on being Queen after he dies.

READ MORE: Furious Queen finally loses patience with Prince Harry

In February, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Meghan and Harry will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.

The Sussexes’ “primetime” interview will be aired in the UK on Monday, March 8 at 9pm on ITV.

Prince Philip was initially admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital last month but was moved by an ambulance to St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Monday.

Speaking to a volunteer at a vaccination centre in Croydon on Wednesday, the Duchess of Cornwall responded to queries about the Duke’s health.

Camilla told Anne Sheehan, a receptionist at the centre, that Philip’s condition has slightly improved.

Camilla was quoted as saying: “We heard today that he’s slightly improving. So that’s very good news.”

Referring to Philip’s treatments, the Duchess said “it hurts at moments” but the family is “keeping its fingers crossed”.

Buckingham Palace confirmed that Philip will remain in hospital for “a number of days”.

On Thursday, the Palace said in a statement: “The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital.

“His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days.”



COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0