Thank God they're gone! Prince Charles 'relieved' at 'calmer' life without Meghan & Harry

HomeNews

Thank God they're gone! Prince Charles 'relieved' at 'calmer' life without Meghan & Harry

Prince Charles is reportedly planning how the Royal Family will work together for engagements in the future, with a major shake-up in the works. It

Covid vaccine update: Johnson & Johnson jab investigated for blood clots
Spain holidays: Tenerife, Gran Canaria & Fuerteventura slash capacity for hotels & bars
Queen & Prince Phillip avoid bedtime together when travelling – except on 'honeymoon'


Prince Charles is reportedly planning how the Royal Family will work together for engagements in the future, with a major shake-up in the works. It comes as the heir to the throne has started carving out his new role following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh earlier this month. The royals lost three working members over the last couple of years after Prince Andrew stepped back over his friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also dramatically quit their roles as senior royals last year to seek a new life of financial independence in the US.

However, an insider has claimed Charles may find working with the new team of senior royals “a lot calmer” without Meghan Markle and Prince Harry “kicking off”.

A source told the Mirror: “One of the main issues with Harry and Meghan when they were part of the working family was their inability to understand how things worked.

“It’s been a lot simpler without them kicking off over why they couldn’t just do what they wanted.

“Things are a lot calmer.”

The Prince of Wales travelled to Llwynywermod in Llandovery, Wales, after his father’s funeral on Saturday, where he is believed to be taking time to grieve.

But the Royal Family may soon be meeting again to sort out future business of the monarchy, with some junior royals set to take on more duties to help take the burden off Charles, the Queen and also Prince William.

The Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Anne and the Earl and Countess of Wessex are likely to fill the shoes of Meghan and Harry.

Sophie Wessex will be getting an increased workload after becoming close to the Queen in the past 12 months.

READ MORE: Royal Family LIVE: Prince Harry ‘couldn’t wait’ to return to Meghan

Speaking to talkRADIO, she said: “Prince Charles has wanted for a very long time to cut the monarchy down to save costs and to make people be worth the money that they got from the taxpayer.

“I imagine that might be when Harry and Meghan are ditched from being members of the Royal family.”

Ms Levin added Charles is expected to step up much more in public life as the Queen will not want to “fight Prince Charles anymore”.

She said: “In fact, she will be grateful for him to be taking over in making I imagine quite big decisions on behalf of the Royal Family.”

However, Harry and Meghan may not be totally iced out of the Firm just yet as royal expert Omid Scobie confirmed the Queen met privately with Prince Harry “at least twice” while he was in the UK for Philip’s funeral.

Mr Scobie also confirmed that Harry met Prince Charles and Prince William in the grounds of Windsor Castle after the funeral.

He said: “The love and respect he [Harry] has for his grandmother will always be unwavering.

“This trip was to honour the life of his grandfather and support his grandmother and relatives.

“Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length.

“The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered.”

While Harry will not return for royal duties this year, he could still fly back to the UK in July for the unveiling of a statue of his late mother Princess Diana.

He is reported to be planning to join Prince William for a ceremony at Kensington Palace.

Express.co.uk has contacted Clarence House for a comment.



COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0